The name of the publishing house stands for a programme on the one hand and, on the other, for the mission to being fully committed to the publication and distribution of Rudolf Steiner's works.
© RSV, Frankfurt 2018
The publishing house sees its tradition in the Philosophical-Theosophical Press, founded 1908 by Marie Steiner-von Sivers, renamed Philosophical- Anthroposophical Press in 1915, which she managed for four decades. After her death (in 1948) the «Rudolf Steiner Estate Administration», she had founded, began to build up the Rudolf Steiner Archive, and planned to publish his works in a Complete Edition. This would be chronologically structured and systematically organised and published by the Rudolf Steiner Publishing House.
In the year 2007, the Publishing House, which until then had been a part of the Rudolf Steiner Estate Administration, became legally independent, and renamed itself «Rudolf Steiner Verlag AG ».
The Estate Administration is from then on one minor shareholder among many other associates. The central purpose however remained the same: editing Rudolf Steiner for the Complete Works Edition, and making it accessible to the public.
© Christoph Kern